Urban and Regional Planning Review (URPR) is a multidisciplinary journal devoted to articles that address contemporary urban and regional issues and is directed towards an audience that includes practitioners, policymakers, scholars and students. The Journal aspires to contribute to the body of substantive and methodological knowledge concerning public policies, programs, and administration. It particularly seeks to promote scholarship and research in urban planning, development and management. Other areas of emphasis include the relationship of Urban and Regional Planning to environmental management, architecture, building and construction management, estate management, landscape architecture, engineering, pure and applied sciences, arts, law and humanities. Urban and Regional Planning Review (URPR) is published annually by the Department of Urban and Regional Planning of the University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria.
The editors seek manuscripts that:
- Develop theoretical, conceptual, or methodological approaches to metropolitan and community problems;
- Present results of empirical research that advance the understanding of the environment;
- Describe and evaluate strategies for social change in the urban milieu;
- Explore innovative policies and programs that have clear implications for future action; and
- Analyze issues of current interest to those who work in and study the urban and regional environment.
- In accordance with professional standards, the editors assume that manuscripts are for the exclusive consideration of URPR and have not simultaneously been submitted or published elsewhere.
- URPR will appreciate thoroughly researched articles with clear objectives, statement of problem, rationale for the study, conceptual and theoretical review, methodology, data analysis, results, policy implications, and references.
- Submissions adopted for consideration will be evaluated by at least two external reviewers. The final publication depends on the quality of the manuscript and the result of the associated peer review process.
- Authors will be notified of the status of their manuscripts within three weeks of the receipt of their papers.
- Deadlines for submittal of the manuscript in June 30th. Publications are usually between October – December every year.
- Authors are charged a nominal fee as the journal is self-funding.
- All manuscripts must include an abstract not exceeding 200 words and a biographical statement about each author not exceeding 500 words.
- To ensure anonymity in the review of manuscripts, keep identifying material out of the manuscript. Attach a cover page giving authorship, institutional affiliation, biographical statement, mailing address, email address and telephone number. Provide only the title as identification on the manuscript and abstract.
- Manuscripts should not be more than 15 pages of A4 size paper, including references, maps, tables, other illustrations and appendices. References should conform to APA style. Articles should be submitted in MS Word for Windows and should be typed in Times New Roman 12-point font, with double-line spacing on one face only.
Manuscripts should be submitted to:
URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING REVIEW
Department of Urban and Regional Planning,
University of Lagos, Akoka-Yaba, Lagos, NIGERIA.
or as an email attachment to email@example.com